Designed to encourage entrepreneurial spirit in students at Oromocto High School (OHS) and recognize deserving individuals, the Oromocto & Area Chamber of Commerce (OACC) awards an annual scholarship in the amount of $1000 to one outstanding graduating OHS student. Students must currently be in their grade 12 year and planning to graduate. Judging is based on a combination of factors, including financial need, student leadership, community involvement and academic ability. In addition, the winning student will receive official recognition at the OACC’s Business Awards Dinner which is held each February.
The deadline for applications is May 31, 2020.
BUSINESS AND COMMUNITY AWARDS
We are pleased to announce that Triple A Automotive (Josh Arbeau) is the winner of the 2020 Business Excellence Award and Marty Forstythe (Sunlife) is the winner of the 2020 Community Leadership Award.
Each year, the Oromocto & Area Chamber of Commerce (OACC) is pleased to offer two awards which recognize significant contributions to the Oromocto area. The award winners are recognized at the annual Business Awards Dinner each February. The two awards are:
- Business Excellence (Company or Person) – The business must have been active for two years minimum.
- Community Leadership (Company or Person) – Nominees are required to have lived in or contributed to the Town of Oromocto for a minimum period of two years.
The OACC will judge the nominees on the criteria listed below; however, welcomes other identified attributes which you believe make the business or community member stand out above others. All nominations will be considered.
Criteria for Nominees to include:
- Significant business accomplishments
- Involvement in the local community and/or local charities
- Contribution and support to local business(es)
- Environmentally conscious